Please read this entire page before making a virtual inspection request.
Why are we implementing Virtual Inspections?
In accordance with Governor Inslee’s Declaration “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order, the Department of Community & Economic Development has implemented the following procedure to ensure the safety of our community while adhering to social distancing practices to continue the inspection process.
About the process:
- This is a new process for everyone, please be patient.
- Following all of the instructions does not guarantee that you will pass your inspection or that you will be scheduled for an inspection.
- At any time during the virtual inspection, the inspection may need to stop at the inspector’s discretion if he/she finds it is unsafe or infeasible to continue the inspection. In the event the issue cannot be resolved, the inspector will follow-up with further instructions.
Before requesting a virtual inspection please ask yourself the following:
- Does it need to be done right now?
- Does it fit within the Governor’s guidelines?*
* You will be asked to agree to the following:
- By requesting the inspection, you represent to the City that the project is consistent with the Governor’s orders. It is the applicant’s responsibility to determine if the work is consistent with the Governor’s Guidelines: https://www.governor.wa.gov/office-governor/official-actions/proclamations
To start a virtual inspection you must have a valid email address and be able to complete the Virtual Inspection Request Form found at the end of this page.
Once submitted you will receive an email from email@example.com confirming your request. This email is very important and we highly recommend that you save it until after your inspection.
- You may be asked to provide more information.
- You will be sent an calendar meeting invitation to an inspection appointment via email.
- All inspections requests are due before 8 AM on the business day that you need the inspection.
Read more about Webex Meetings and other helpful tips:
At this time the City of Port Angeles is using Cisco Webex for all Virtual Inspections.
Learn more by going to https://www.webex.com/ or go to the direct download pages here:
- Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cisco-webex-meetings/id298844386
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cisco.webex.meetings&hl=en_US
- Webex official website: https://www.webex.com/downloads.html/
Other tips for having a successful inspection:
- Have the software (Webex Meetings) installed on the handheld device long before the time of inspection.
- Have a measurement tool, like a tape measure, that is easy to use and read when using the device camera.
- Practice holding the measuring device next to the camera.
- Please be sure you’re able to provide clear view of the work and secure the area so you can perform the inspection without hazard to yourself and others.
- Make sure to have the packaging for your materials ready to show. This means legible and intact.
- Hold as still as you can, the lower the lighting source the longer it takes for most devices to focus.
- Be patient, this is just as new to us as it is for you. Your safety is our top priority. Go Slow, don’t be afraid to ask questions or ask the inspector to repeat their instructions.