Late Saturday evening, January 23rd, one of the City’s 20” water mains broke.
The City is placing door hangers at the impacted homes Sunday morning (January 24th).
Repairs will begin Sunday morning, January 24th, at 8:00 am. This will impact roughly 40 homes in the following area:
- Golf Course Rd area; South of Lauridsen Blvd
These homes will be without water or experience low water pressure until repairs are completed, at which time water will be restored.
While repairs are being made traffic on Golf Course Road, South of Lindberg Road, will be one lane with flaggers.
Repairs are expected to be completed and water restored by 8:00pm on Sunday, January 24th.
Once water is restored, a precautionary boil water notice is advised for all homes that are impacted by the break. These homes should use boiled tap water or bottled water for drinking, cooking, making ice, and brushing teeth.
- Bring water to a rolling boil for 1 minute to kill bacteria and other organisms that may have been introduced into the water.
- Let the water cool before using.
- Tap water is safe for showering, bathing, and for other household uses including washing dishes in the dishwasher as long as the heat/sanitizing cycle and commercial dishwashing detergent are used.
Following the repair, the water main will be disinfected and flushed, and the City will take water samples to ensure safety. The City is expecting an update on Tuesday, January 26th. If satisfactory test results are received, the precautionary boil water notice will be lifted. Impacted homes will also be notified by door hangers.
You are not impacted if:
- You are a PUD customer
- Your water has not been shut off
- You are not experiencing low water pressure during the repair
We apologize for the inconvenience. Protecting your health and safety is our highest priority. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call 360-417-4543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For weekend and after 5:00pm after-hours answering service, please call 360-417-4726.