The City is investigating a possible water main leak. There will be an approximate 2-hour water outage, beginning today at 12:00pm. Here are the details:
- roughly 35 homes will be impacted in the area East of Gulf Course Road to Mt Pleasant; South of Lindberg Rd
- affected homes will experience either no water or low water pressure
- City crews will be depressurizing a 20” water main to investigate, after which water will be restored to the homes.
The City is placing door hangers at the impacted homes this morning.
Once water is restored, impacted homes are under a precautionary boil water notice. These homes should use boiled tap water or bottled water for drinking, cooking, making ice, and brushing teeth.
- Bring water to a rolling boil for 1 minute to kill bacteria and other organisms that may have been introduced into the water.
- Let the water cool before using.
- Tap water is safe for showering, bathing, and for other household uses including washing dishes in the dishwasher as long as the heat/sanitizing cycle and commercial dishwashing detergents are used.
Following the investigation, the City will determine if a repair is needed.
The City website and Facebook page will be updated with more information.
You are not impacted if:
- You are a PUD customer
- Your water has not been shut off
- You are not experiencing low water pressure during the repair
We apologize for the inconvenience. Protecting your health and safety is our highest priority.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call 360-417-4543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For weekend and after 5:00pm after-hours answering service, please call 360-417-4726.