Summer is here, and it’s time to do some much-needed roadwork – there will be road closures!
The City’s road Chip Seal Project is scheduled from Monday July 13th to Friday August 1st
- Peabody Street between 8th Street and Ahlvers Road, and
- Park Avenue from Peabody Street to Race Street
July 13th – Road preparation begins
- Peabody Street and Park Avenue will remain open to vehicular traffic with flagging control during the road preparation
Friday July 17th and Monday July 20th - Chip sealing and fog sealing work is scheduled
- both Peabody Street and Park Avenue will be closed to traffic
- NOTE: Local traffic will NOT be allowed while the seal is setting
July 27th – August 1st
- Replacing the pavement markings with completion scheduled by Friday August 1st. Roads will remain open to vehicular traffic with flagging control.
Expect delays when traveling in these areas. Please note that as with all projects, dates may change, and work may be extended depending on weather, progress and conditions.
Our goal is to complete the project with as little inconvenience as possible while keeping safety of the public, pedestrians and motorists a top priority. Please use alternate routes and watch for trucks entering and leaving the work areas. Please remember, when you see the work crews, slow down for safety.
Thank you for your continued patience during our road repair efforts.
This work is being conducted in accordance with Governor Inslee’s “Safe Start” proclamation. This repair work ensures essential services continue for the public and first responders. Additionally, if the work were delayed, the City would run the risk of additional damage and unsafe conditions developing on this road.
The City has implemented Safety Plans and Procedures to protect working staff from the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We ask the public to practice physical distancing by remaining at least 6 feet away from work crews.
For more information please contact Jeremy Pozernick, Project Manager, at (360) 417-4807 or Jpozerni@cityofpa.us