On Tuesday, September 12th, the City of Port Angeles with contractor Scarsella Bros, Inc. will begin excavation and pipe installation work across the intersection of Marine Drive & the South Tumwater Truck Route. This work is part of the Wastewater Capacity Improvement Project to upgrade and expand wastewater conveyance capacity in west Port Angeles.
Work is expected to occur on the following dates/times:
- Tuesday, September 12th through Thursday, September 14th, from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Traffic control will be in place for the duration of the activity (September 12-14th):
- Traffic lights will be temporarily turned off during work periods.
- Traffic will be controlled by flaggers.
- Motorists should expect delays and consider alternate routes, if possible.
- Please be careful when walking or driving through or near the construction area. Residents should drive slowly, be on alert, and follow directions provided by Traffic Control personnel and signage.
Following completion of this work, traffic control and excavation work will progress east toward the intersection of Marine Drive & West 2nd Street. Additional details will be provided as the project moves forward.
For more information, please contact Project Manager Lucio Baack at firstname.lastname@example.org.