Friday, December 10th, the City will be repairing the 20” broken water main. The water outage will be from 8:00am until approximately 8:00pm. The City is placing door hangers at homes that are impacted by this main break.
This impacts roughly 36 homes in the following area: (Map below)
- South of Lindberg Rd
- East of Village place
- West of Mount Pleasant Rd
Repairs are expected to be completed by 8:00pm on Friday, December 10th, at which time water will be fully restored.
Once water is restored, a precautionary boil water notice is advised for all impacted homes. These homes should use boiled tap water or bottled water for drinking, cooking, making ice, and brushing teeth.
- Bring water to a rolling boil for 1 minute to kill bacteria and other organisms that may have been introduced into the water.
- Let the water cool before using.
- Tap water is safe for showering, bathing, and for other household uses including washing dishes in the dishwasher if the heat/sanitizing cycle and commercial dishwashing detergent are used.
Following the repair, the water main will be disinfected and flushed, and the City will take water samples to ensure safety. The City is expecting test results on Sunday, December 12th. If satisfactory test results are received, the precautionary boil water notice will be lifted. Impacted homes will also be notified by door hangers.
If you experience brown water, please flush your water lines by running the water in a bathtub or faucet until the water runs clear.
You are not impacted if:
- You are a PUD customer
- Your water has not been shut off
- You are not experiencing low water pressure during the repair
We apologize for the inconvenience. Protecting your health and safety is our highest priority. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call 360-417-4800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For weekends and after 5pm, please call the after-hours answering service: 360-417-4726.