The City of Port Angeles’s Water Main Flushing Program will begin the week of 05/10/21 and go through the end of May. The program helps clean sediments from our water mains that may have accumulated over time. All flushing will occur through fire hydrants as we work our way through the City to flush all of the city mains. This also provides us the opportunity to check many of our fire hydrants and distribution water main valves and repair them if needed.
What you need to know:
- Starting on Monday, May 10th we will begin water main flushing to the South of Park Street in the High School Area
- The crew will be testing water mains throughout the City
- Testing is expected to go through the end of May
- Please check back every few days for updates on where we will be working
- While flushing the lines in your area, you may experience discolored water or a reduction in water pressure. This is normal. If your water is discolored, please run the water in your home until it runs clear. The water is safe to drink.
- If a problem persists, please call 360-417-4800.