The City of Port Angeles recognizes that there is a substantial need for financial assistance during this difficult time. In response to that need, the City has allocated $561,900 toward Utility, Rental, and Mortgage assistance for residents in need at this time. This funding has been allocated by City Council from City funding and received from CARES funding passed through from Clallam County.
Please understand there is a limited amount of funding. Once depleted, the assistance will no longer be available unless additional funding is obtained through the State or Federal government. This financial assistance is in addition to the discounts currently offered and provided to low income utility customers. Keep in mind:
- Approved amounts for utility bill relief will be credited to utility bills.
- Approved rental and mortgage assistance funding will be mailed to qualifying applicants.
- Proof of income, layoff and household information is required to consider applications complete.
- Appropriate documentation may include a letter from your employer, pay stubs, employee identification or a copy of your Department of Revenue business license.
At this time, the City will discontinue shutting off utilities due to late payment. Instead we will continue making payment plan arrangements with customers. No interest will be charged on late payments until this emergency situation has ended.
Additionally, a donation form is available for community members who wish to help those in need at this time. Please note that donations will be credited to individual utility accounts based on qualification of utility bill assistance due to COVID-19. Any donated funds remaining after this emergency situation will be sent to OlyCap for continued financial assistance for Port Angeles residents in need and will not be returned.
Forms are available here: City of Port Angeles Utility Payment Information
Completed applications and documentation can be mailed or left in the payment drop box across from the City Hall main entrance at 321 E. 5th Street, Port Angeles, WA 98362 or by email to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact the City’s Customer Service Department at
(360) 457-0411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.