The City of Port Angeles, in cooperation with the Bonneville Power Administration, offers many opportunities to save both energy and money in your home or business.
As part of Weatherwise Service, the City’s Energy Conservation Program, the City of Port Angeles is providing rebates on energy-saving upgrades to its Residential, Commercial, and Industrial customers. Rebates are available for residential heating system, window, and insulation upgrades, as well as commercial lighting and other industrial projects.
Standard residential rebates include $800 for a Ductless Heat Pump, $6.00 per sq. ft. for qualifying window upgrades, and up to $1600 for a Heat Pump. Insulation rebates vary.
The City offers higher incentives to qualifying customers based on Household Income (200% of the federal poverty level). Income-based incentives apply to both renters and home owners.
- Ex. Family of four with an income of $55,500
- Rebates under this program include: $3800 for Ductless Heat Pump, $20 per sq. ft. of qualifying glass for window replacement, and up to 100% of the cost for qualifying insulation installation.
To participate, you must:
- Be an electric utility customer of the City of Port Angeles
- Propose qualified improvements to an existing residential or commercial building
- Use a City Authorized Contractor for all measures except Heat Pump Water Heater installation
All rebates require prior approval. All residential installation must be completed by a City Authorized Contractor.
To learn more about energy efficiency rebates, please contact us at (360) 417-4715 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the City’s Conservation webpage.