Parks and Recreation Facilities Access
Following the guidance from Governor Inslee and the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW), the Ediz Hook Boat Launch will reopen on May 5, 2020.
Annual boat launch passes are available for $50.00. These passes are good from May 5, 2020 until May 5, 2021. If you would like to purchase an annual pass, please submit your payment to the drop box, located at the Vern Burton Community Center entrance. Please ensure that you have included your name and mailing address with your payment. Your annual pass will be mailed to you.
You may use the boat launch immediately after submitting your payment. One-time use passes ($10.00) will continue to be collected at the Ediz Hook drop box, located at the Boat Launch.
As a reminder, all open spaces, playgrounds and trails within our Parks, including the Waterfront Trail, are currently open. Please follow the usage guidelines listed below, per the WDFW and the CDC:
Before You Go
- Come prepared. Visitors will find reduced restroom services. You are advised to bring your own soap, water, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper, as well as a mask to cover your nose and mouth.
- Stay with immediate household only. Recreation with those outside of your household creates new avenues for virus transmission.
- Enjoy the outdoors when healthy. If you have symptoms of fever, coughing, or shortness of breath, save your outdoor adventure for another day.
When You Get There
- Avoid crowds. Be prepared to go somewhere else or come back another time if your destination looks crowded.
- Practice physical distancing. Keep six feet between you and those outside your immediate household. Launch one boat at a time to give others enough space to launch safely. Leave at least one parking space between your vehicle and the vehicle next to you. Trailer your boat in the same way.
- Practice personal hygiene: Wash your hands often, cover coughs and sneezes, clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, and throw used tissues in the trash.
The following services continue to be limited and/or closed at this time:
- Our office remains closed to the public, but we are still available for assistance. Please call 360-417-4550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rental locations remain closed, however our facilities may be available to the Community on an as-needed basis.
- Two public restrooms remain open at the downtown and Gateway locations. All other public restrooms are temporarily closed.
- Erickson Playfield Skate Park and all athletic fields and courts within our parks are temporarily closed.
- The Dog Park at Lincoln Park is temporarily closed.
- Oceanview Cemetery: Burials continue to be an essential service. Per the Governor’s order, we are not allowing services at this time.
Port Angeles Senior Center: The Senior Center is closed to protect the health of customers. However, it continues to utilize the OlyCap Senior Nutrition program (limited to pick-up and delivery of meals). If you have questions regarding OlyCap’s meals, please contact them at 360-452-4726.
You can perform a search for open, partially closed, or completely closed parks and facilities via the “Find A Facility” search function on the left-hand side of the page.
Completely Closed – All parts of this park/facility are closed to the public.
Partially Closed – Some parts of the park/facility are closed to the public. Ex: baseball field, public restroom.
Open – This park/facility functions as it would normally.