City Services Available During City Hall Closure
In support of Governor Inslee’s recent “Stay home, stay healthy” order, the City remains open for business, but is no longer open for walk-in customers. By doing this, we will actively practice social distancing to reduce transmission and help keep each other healthy and safe. The City is committed to continuing to find innovative ways to serve all customers. Listed below are services currently available for City residents.
Fire Department is open, but the 5th Street doors will not be open for public access.
- For non-emergencies and inquiries please dial 360-417-4655 or contact Catherine Dewey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a telephone outside the Fire Department front door that will ring directly to PENCOM in an emergency
- Records requests can be submitted via GovQA or emailed to Catherine Dewey at email@example.com
- All Fire Prevention office requests and permitting can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To reach the Records Division, please call 360-417-4915
The Record Division will provide the following services one customer at a time:
- Concealed Pistol License Applications (fingerprint at a later date)
- Firearm Dealer License Applications (fingerprint at a later date)
- Fingerprint is not available at this time
- Retrieve Property & Evidence Items
- To request records from the Port Angeles Police Department, visit www.cityofpa.us and submit a request through the online portal or call the Records Division Direct Line at 360-417-4915.
- Citizens can file online reports for lost property, theft, theft from motor vehicle, malicious mischief/vandalism/graffiti, burglary, and identity theft when there is no known suspect or evidence that can lead to the identity of the suspect through the City of Port Angeles Website.
Parking tickets-Please do not mail in cash payments or place cash in the payment drop box
- Please place parking ticket payments in the drop boxes located at the north and south entrances to the Police Department or across the parking lot from the main entrance to City Hall. (Parking enforcement is no longer patrolling at this time)
All Other Departments and Services
Community and Economic Development
- For development inquiries or questions, please email email@example.com or call 360-417-4750
- Building permits and development review applications – submit requests via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: we are transitioning to digital development review and virtual inspections – please be patient with permit and application review and processing times
- Building inspections can be scheduled by calling 360-417-4815, and providing the building permit number
Note: all occupied home inspections will not be scheduled at this time. The City Building Division will be able to extend permit expirations if a home inspection cannot be scheduled
Finance – Utility Payments
- At this time the City has discontinued shutting off utilities due to late payment. Instead we will be making payment plan arrangements with customers.
- No interest will be charged on late payments.
- The City will continue the low-income discount option for electric utility users.
- Starting this year, we have established low income discounts for water, wastewater, solid waste and stormwater utilities.
- Additional utility relief for impacted businesses and employees will be made available Friday, March 27th.
Alternative ways to pay Utility Bills
Please do not mail in cash payments or place cash in the payment drop box
- Online: https://www.cityofpa.us/862/Utility-Bill-Pay
- Phone: 844-446-6249
- Drop Box: Located across the parking lot from the main entrance to City Hall
- Mail: 321 E 5th St
Port Angeles, WA 98362
If you are unable to make a payment using any of the above methods, please call and schedule an appointment for cash payment or ring the doorbell at City Hall to make a cash payment. Residents will be assisted one customer at a time.
- Recruiting for open positions continues
- For all other inquiries, please call 360-417-4510
- Offices are closed to the public; please call 360-417-4550 or email email@example.com for assistance.
- Rentals locations are closed; however, our facilities may be available to the Community on an as-needed basis.
- Two public restrooms will remain open at the downtown and Gateway locations. All other public restrooms are temporarily closed.
- The BMX track, skate park, and all tennis and pickleball courts within our parks are closed.
- The Ediz Hook Boat Launch is temporarily closed effective 3/26/2020.
- Ocean View Cemetery: Burials will continue to be an essential service. However, per the Governor, we will not be allowing services at the Cemetery, only burials.
Public Record Requests
- For any general Public Works questions, please call 360-417-4543
- Transfer Station – open
- All Public Works offices are closed to the public, refer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Light and Power – offices are closed to the public – please call 360-417-4724
- Electrical inspections are suspended until further notice
- Emergency Outages – please call 360-417-4726
- After-hour Emergency Outages – please call 360-417-4726
The Senior Center is closed to protect the health of customers. However, they continue to utilize the OlyCap Senior Nutrition program - limited to pick-up and delivery of meals. If you have questions regarding OlyCap’s meals, please contact them at 360-452-4726.