City Services Available During City Hall Closure

In support of Governor Inslee’s “Stay home, stay healthy” order, the City remains open for business, but is no longer open for walk-in customers. By doing this, we will actively practice social distancing to reduce transmission and help keep each other healthy and safe. The City is committed to continuing to find innovative ways to serve all customers. Listed below are services currently available for City residents.

Emergency Services


Fire Department is open, but the 5th Street doors will not be open for public access.

  • For non-emergencies and inquiries please dial 360-417-4655 or contact Catherine Dewey at
  • There is a telephone outside the Fire Department front door that will ring directly to PENCOM in an emergency
  • Records requests can be submitted via GovQA or emailed to Catherine Dewey at
  • All Fire Prevention office requests and permitting can be submitted via email to


To reach the Records Division, please call 360-417-4915

The Record Division will provide the following services one customer at a time:

  • Concealed Pistol License Applications (fingerprint at a later date)
  • Firearm Dealer License Applications (fingerprint at a later date)
  • Fingerprint is not available at this time
  • Retrieve Property & Evidence Items
  • To request records from the Port Angeles Police Department, visit and submit a request through the online portal or call the Records Division Direct Line at 360-417-4915.
  • Citizens can file online reports for lost property, theft, theft from motor vehicle, malicious mischief/vandalism/graffiti, burglary, and identity theft when there is no known suspect or evidence that can lead to the identity of the suspect through the City of Port Angeles Website.

Parking tickets-Please do not mail in cash payments or place cash in the payment drop box

  • Please place parking ticket payments in the drop boxes located at the north and south entrances to the Police Department or across the parking lot from the main entrance to City Hall. (Parking enforcement is no longer patrolling at this time)

All Other Departments and Services

Community and Economic Development

The CED permit counter is currently closed to the public; however, the department is open and able to provide services to our customers digitally and via phone.

For Detailed information on Development Services and Right-of-Way Permit Procedures During COVID-19 Emergency Click Here

For development inquiries or questions, please email or call 360-417-4750

  • Building permits and development review applications – submit requests via email to:

Note: we are transitioning to digital development review and virtual inspections – please be patient with permit and application review and processing times

  • At this time, all building inspections are virtual. Click here to learn more about how to schedule and use the virtual inspection platform, Cisco Web Ex.

Finance - Utility Bills

  • At this time the City has discontinued shutting off utilities due to late payment. Instead we will be making payment plan arrangements with customers. 
  • No interest will be charged on late payments for utility bills.
  • All Interest accrued for the months of March through October 2020 on accounts receivable will be waived.
  • The City will continue the low-income discount option for electric utility users.
  • Starting this year, we have established low income discounts for water, wastewater, solid waste and stormwater utilities.
  • Utility and rent payment relief is available for impacted businesses and City residents, click here for the COVID-19 Financial Assistance Application.
  • The City is taking donations for those facing hardship situations and cannot pay their utility bill.
    • Click here for the COVID-19 Utility Relief Donation Form, or
    • Click hereto donate online or by phone.
      • Please reference account number: 12345-67890 and use the service location street number: 321
  • For more details regarding the financial assistance application and donations, click here to view the Utility Payment Information page.

Alternative ways to pay Utility Bills:
Please do not mail in cash payments or place cash in the payment drop box

If you are unable to make a payment using any of the above methods, please call Customer Service at 360-457-0411 or email and schedule an appointment for cash payments or ring the doorbell at City Hall. Residents will be assisted one customer at a time.

Utility service connects or disconnects can be done by email to

Human Resources

  • Recruiting for open positions continues
  • For all other inquiries, please call 360-417-4510


Please visit our website for full details pertaining to Parks & Recreation and COVID-19: 

  • Offices are closed to the public; please call 360-417-4550 or email for assistance.
  • Rentals locations are closed; however, our facilities may be available to the Community on an as-needed basis.
  • Three public restrooms remain open at the Downtown, Gateway and Shane Park locations. All other public restrooms are temporarily closed. 
  • Erickson Skate Park remains closed until 50 or more people can congregate, per the Safe Start Washington reopening plan. 
  • Lincoln Dog Park remains closed until 50 or more people can congregate, per the Safe Start Washington reopening plan.
  • Erickson and Hazel Porter Keil tennis courts and Elks pickleball courts are open. All other athletic fields/courts located within our parks are temporarily closed.
  • Ocean View Cemetery: Formal services are allowable. Per the Governor's Office, outdoor ceremonies are limited to 30 people. At least six feet of physical distancing between households is required.   

Public Record Requests

To make a public records request, visit the City’s website at and submit a request through the online portal or, email or, call 360-417-4634

Public Works 

  • For any general Public Works questions, please call 360-417-4543
  • Transfer Station – open
  • All Public Works offices are closed to the public, refer to
  • Light and Power – offices are closed to the public – please call 360-417-4724
  • Click here for Electrical Inspection Guidelines
  • Emergency Outages – please call 360-417-4726
  • After-hour Emergency Outages – please call 360-417-4726

Senior Center 

The Senior Center is closed to protect the health of customers. However, they continue to utilize the OlyCap Senior Nutrition program - limited to pick-up and delivery of meals. If you have questions regarding OlyCap’s meals, please contact them at 360-457-8921. Additionally, please contact 360-457-4554 for information regarding virtual program offerings from the Senior Center.