City Services Available During City Hall Closure
In support of Governor Inslee’s “Stay home, stay healthy” order, the City remains open for business, but is no longer open for walk-in customers. By doing this, we will actively practice social distancing to reduce transmission and help keep each other healthy and safe. The City is committed to continuing to find innovative ways to serve all customers. Listed below are services currently available for City residents.
Fire Department is open, but the 5th Street doors will not be open for public access.
- For non-emergencies and inquiries please dial 360-417-4655 or contact Catherine Dewey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a telephone outside the Fire Department front door that will ring directly to PENCOM in an emergency
- Records requests can be submitted via GovQA or emailed to Catherine Dewey at email@example.com
- All Fire Prevention office requests and permitting can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To reach the Records Division, please call 360-417-4915.
- Concealed Pistol License Applications for renewals and replacements only (fingerprint at a later date).
- Please submit the following by mail or use the drop box located at the north and south entrances to the Police Department:
- Completed application;
- A copy of your driver's license or photo ID; and
- A check payable to the Police Department.
- The cost is $32.00 for renewals, $42.00 for late renewals, and $10.00 for replacements. It costs $2.00 extra for lamination.
- Firearm Dealer License Applications (fingerprint at a later date).
- Fingerprint is not available at this time.
- Retrieve Property & Evidence Items.
- To request records from the Port Angeles Police Department, visit www.cityofpa.us and submit a request through the online portal or call the Records Division Direct Line at 360-417-4915.
- Citizens can file online reports for lost property, theft, theft from motor vehicle, malicious mischief/vandalism/graffiti, burglary, and identity theft when there is no known suspect or evidence that can lead to the identity of the suspect through the City of Port Angeles Website.
Parking tickets-Please do not mail in cash payments or place cash in the payment drop box
- Please place parking ticket payments in the drop boxes located at the north and south entrances to the Police Department or across the parking lot from the main entrance to City Hall.
All Other Departments and Services
Community and Economic Development
The CED permit counter is currently closed to the public; however, the department is open and able to provide services to our customers digitally and via phone.
For Detailed information on Development Services and Right-of-Way Permit Procedures During COVID-19 Emergency Click Here
For development inquiries or questions, please email email@example.com or call 360-417-4750
- Building permits and development review applications – submit requests via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: we are transitioning to digital development review and virtual inspections – please be patient with permit and application review and processing times
- At this time, all building inspections are virtual. Click here to learn more about how to schedule and use the virtual inspection platform, Cisco Web Ex.
Finance - Utility Bills
- At this time the City has discontinued shutting off utilities due to late payment. Instead we will be making payment plan arrangements with customers.
- No interest will be charged on late payments for utility bills.
- All Interest accrued for the months of March through December 2020 on accounts receivable will be waived.
- All Parking Business Improvement Area (PBIA) fees for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters of 2020 will be waived.
- The City will continue the low-income discount program for electric utility users.
- Starting this year, we have established low income discounts for water, wastewater, solid waste and stormwater utilities.
- Click here for the Utility Discount Application.
- The City is taking donations for those facing hardship situations and cannot pay their utility bill.
- For more details regarding the low-income discount application and donations, click here to view the Utility Financial Assistance and Donation Information page.
Alternative ways to pay Utility Bills:
- Online: https://www.cityofpa.us/862/Utility-Bill-Pay
- Phone: 844-446-6249
- Drop Box: Located across the parking lot from the main entrance to City Hall
- Mail: 321 E 5th Street
Port Angeles, WA 98362
If you are unable to make a payment using any of the above methods, please call Customer Service at 360-457-0411 or email email@example.com and schedule an appointment for cash payments or ring the doorbell at City Hall. Residents will be assisted one customer at a time.
Utility service connects or disconnects or making payment plan arrangements can be done by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding utility billing, click here to view the Customer Service Utilities page.
- Recruiting for open positions continues
- For all other inquiries, please call 360-417-4510
Please visit our website for full details pertaining to Parks & Recreation and COVID-19: https://www.cityofpa.us/161/Parks-Recreation
- Offices are closed to the public; please call 360-417-4550 or email email@example.com for assistance.
- Rentals locations are closed; however, our facilities may be available to the Community on an as-needed basis.
- Three public restrooms remain open at the Downtown, Gateway and Shane Park locations. All other public restrooms are temporarily closed.
- Erickson Skate Park and the Lincoln Park Dog Park will reopen on November 11, 2020.
- Erickson and Hazel Porter Keil tennis courts and Elks pickleball courts are open. All other athletic fields/courts located within our parks are temporarily closed.
- Ocean View Cemetery: Formal services are allowable. Per the Governor's Office, outdoor ceremonies are limited to 30 people. At least six feet of physical distancing between households is required.
Public Record Requests
- For any general Public Works questions, please call 360-417-4543
- Transfer Station – open
- All Public Works offices are closed to the public, refer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Light and Power – offices are closed to the public – please call 360-417-4724
- Click here for Electrical Inspection Guidelines
- Emergency Outages – please call 360-417-4726
- After-hour Emergency Outages – please call 360-417-4726
The Senior Center is closed to protect the health of customers. However, they continue to utilize the OlyCap Senior Nutrition program - limited to pick-up and delivery of meals. If you have questions regarding OlyCap’s meals, please contact them at 360-457-8921. Additionally, please contact 360-457-4554 for information regarding virtual program offerings from the Senior Center.