There is one vacant position in the Finance Department. The level of position that will be filled is dependent upon qualifications, experience and the interview process.
Under general supervision, performs intermediate level professional accounting work, including the preparation of various financial reports, reconciliations and departmental assistance.
Essential job functions include:
- Responsible for maintaining subsidiary ledgers for grants and Local Improvement Districts and reconciling to the general ledger.
- Primary backup to the Payroll Specialist
- Provides backup for operational accounting functions such as accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Assists with reconciliation of utility billing.
- Assists the Senior Accountants in preparing, reporting and reconciling in the following areas: General Ledger; Banking and Taxes; Purchasing and Inventory; Cost of Service Analysis and Budget
The Accountant in Training position is designed to engage an employee interested in hands-on learning to become a governmental accountant. The first two years will be training intensive, including travel related training, as well as a four-year degree requirement. The selected applicant will spend a significant amount of time working and training with senior level staff members to learn the requirements of an Accountant. The expectation will be that at the end of two years this position will assume the role of the Accountant. In addition to the required training and knowledge, an open mind, a good attitude, willingness to work well and utilize constructive criticism from others is required.
Starting wage depends on qualifications at time of hire, eligible for 3% merit increase annually until top of range is reached
AFSCME Range A22 $32.567 - $38.893 per hour ($67,739.36 - $80,897.44 annually)
AFSCME Range A22 $32.567 per hour ($67,739.36 annually)
Once two-year training plan is completed, eligible for 3% merit increase and thereafter annually until top of range is reached.
12 paid holidays and accrued vacation and sick leave; medical insurance with City contribution to Health Savings Account, and dental and vision insurance; Employee Assistance Program: life insurance; long-term disability insurance and Washington State Retirement (PERS). This position is represented by AFSCME LOCAL #1619.
Apply on-line at www.cityofpa.us. Please complete the online application and attach a letter of interest and resume. First review of applications is September 18, 2023, position is open until filled.
Evaluation of all candidates will be based on desirable qualifications. Only those selected to receive an interview will be contacted.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, or finance with an emphasis in Accounting.
- A minimum of one-year professional level accounting experience, preferably municipal accounting experience.
- Possession of a valid Washington State driver’s license at the time of appointment, or the ability to acquire one within thirty (30) days, and a driving record acceptable to the City’s Risk Manager.