- Human Resources
- Job Center
- Seasonal Laborer - Public Works
Seasonal Laborer - Public Works
Approximately 5 seasonal laborers will be hired to work in the Public Works divisions of Streets, Water, and Wastewater. Positions are temporary, full time work and range in length from 3-6 months.
Work may involve a variety of the following duties: manual labor to assist crews in the maintenance and repair of streets and water systems, flagging and traffic control, and assisting City employees with a variety of other maintenance tasks.
$20.308/hr. benefits except for sick leave accrual (1 hour per 40 hours worked) and contributions to Washington State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) are required by the employee and the City, and may be withdrawn by the employee after separation.
Applications will be evaluated based upon information provided. The most competitive applicants will be contacted for interviews by the hiring division. The pool of applications will be used to fill other seasonal vacancies or work assignments that occur from March to October.
Applicants must submit a City of Port Angeles application. These can be picked up at City Hall or done online at www.cityofpa.us/jobcenter . COPA is an E.O.E.
Human Resources Office
321 East 5th
Port Angeles, WA 98362
(360) 417-4508 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org ~ www.cityofpa.us
Skills and Experience:
- Some previous experience performing manual labor, building or ground maintenance is helpful.
- Ability to use and safely operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Some positions work a variety of assigned shifts.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
- Physical ability and stamina to perform assigned duties is essential.
Other necessary skills:
- Ability to following written and oral instructions, and to effectively communicate with City staff, supervisors and the general public is necessary.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks or projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a crew in a positive and cooperative manner.