2-year project position, full-time with benefits. Applicant may have the ability to telework as agreed upon at time of hire.
Under general supervision of the City Engineer, plans, organizes, and manages engineering and construction projects including design and construction of City facilities including, parks, trails, public buildings, streets, and other projects as assigned. The work involves preparing plans, specifications, and estimates, managing contract services, and responding to questions and inquiries from the public, contractors, engineering professionals, and City staff regarding engineering projects.
This is a 2-year, full-time project position.
Primary Job Duties:
- Serves as project manager for assigned projects from conception through implementation; develops requests for bids, managing work of consulting engineers and public works contractors, reviews plans, inspects work, recommends approval of progress payments, recommends approval or denial of change order requests, approves final project, and closes contracts.
- Assists in the preparation of working drawings, plans, and estimates for general facilities including, parks, trails, parking lots, streets, buildings, and other similar projects.
- Prepares and reviews environmental documents and permit applications for projects.
- Performs construction management and inspection of City construction projects for conformance with project plans and specifications. Verifies contract pay quantities.
- Provides engineering support to operational divisions to support maintenance, repair, and operations of facilities and infrastructure.
- Analyzes City infrastructure and formulates plans and/or projects to maintain effective economic operation.
- Tracks/coordinates/performs field inspections for permits, temporary erosion, and sediment control, and assists in routine engineering construction inspections.
- Computes and compiles survey data from field survey notes; corrects, updates, and extends city mapping.
- Responds to public requests for information and complaints concerning city facilities.
- Performs related duties as required.
Salary: AFSCME pay range A26 $68,448 - $81,729 annual salary (placement within the range is dependent upon qualifications), plus benefits.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to Human Resources by January 28, 2022. COPA is an E.O.E.
A candidate will be selected based on most relevant qualifications and experience. The city may select an applicant based on the information received from candidates, or an interview may be conducted to make the final selection.
Please contact Abbi Fountain, HR Manager for more information at 360-417-4510 or email email@example.com.
Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with course work in an engineering, construction management, or related engineering discipline. BA Degree is preferred.
- At least five (5) years’ of progressively responsible experience in public works and project management work.
- Possession of an Engineering-in-Training certificate or Professional Engineer license from the State of Washington is highly desired
- Possession of a professional certificate in construction management or similar public works related credential is preferred.
- Possession of or ability to obtain within 30 days of appointment, a valid Washington State driver’s license, and a good driving record are required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, abilities, and other competencies necessary for success in the position will be considered.