Code Enforcement Officer
Position may be filled as one full time or two part time depending upon operational needs
Job Summary: Under supervision of the Police Operations Sergeant, and with enforcement authority, responds to and investigates complaints regarding violations of City ordinances and regulations. Determines the extent of violation, provides viable solutions and course of action; issues warnings, correction notices or citations, and sets deadlines for compliance and follow up. The incumbent of this position, while working with other City departments, will continue to develop the city code compliance and enforcement program.
This position is regular/part-time, working up to 20 hours per week with the potential for being full time. Schedules are flexible with the potential for some weekend and evening work.
Salary & Benefits: Salary Range $44,391 to $55,500 annually (for Full Time Equivalent). Salary for this position will be based on experience.
Part Time Position:
Benefits include pro-rated vacation and sick leave accrual plus holidays off. Position is represented by the Teamsters Communications and Support Unit Local #589.
Full Time Position:
Medical, dental and vision insurance, Washington State Department of Retirement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, vacation & sick leave accrual and longevity. Position is represented by the Teamsters Communications and Support Unit Local #589.
To Apply: Complete the City of Port Angeles application and upload a cover letter and resume. This position is open until filled.
Selection Process: Applicants will be evaluated on the qualifications and related education and experience. Only those selected to receive an interview will be contacted.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This job is mostly physical, incumbent must be able to walk, hike, drive and sometimes climb ladders. Other physical activities may be required.
Education: An associate degree or equivalent credit hours is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service and effective communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and good decision-making skills.
- Must be able to read and understand the city municipal code.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using a variety of software and other equipment necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to pass a background check, polygraph exam, psychological evaluation, and drug test prior to hire.
- Must be able to successfully complete a 250-hour police reserve academy and maintain a limited Port Angeles Police Department commission.
- Must maintain a Washington State Driver’s License and be able to operate police vehicles.