Under supervision of a Line Foreman, the journey level Lineman performs skilled electrical work in the construction, maintenance, and operation of the City's electrical transmission and distribution system, both overhead and underground. All work is performed in a manner that ensures compliance with established work practices and safety procedures as well as economical use and security of vehicles, materials, and equipment.
Examples of duties include install, maintain, and operate the electrical system facilities, including transmission and distribution systems, substations, streetlights, and traffic signals; operate all utility vehicles and specialized equipment used in the electric industry; install and maintain wood poles and steel towers; install and remove transformers, capacitors, switches and similar equipment; install and maintain underground conductors, conduits, vaults, transformers, high voltage elbows, etc; as well as perform electric utility connections, disconnections, and the more hazardous electrical work concerning customer service activity.
Salary & Benefits: $53.704 per hour (IBEW Local #997)
$7,500 sign on bonus, and eligible for reimbursement of relocation costs
Excellent benefits include deferred compensation matching, medical, dental and vision insurance coverage for employee and dependents, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, PERS retirement and wellness program. Employee shares 12.5 % of the medical premium. Employer contribution to Health Savings Account and Health Care Arrangement.
To Apply: Applicants must submit the City of Port Angeles application. Applicants may attach a cover letter and/or resume. COPA is an EOE.
Selection Process: Applicants will be evaluated on the experience and training requirements. Only those selected to receive an interview will be contacted. Recruitment is open until position is filled.
Human Resources Office
321 E 5th ST.
Experience and Training Requirements:
- Must have completed an apprenticeship performing all classes of overhead and underground transmission and distribution work.
- Must have the ability to obtain an IBEW certification as a Journey Level Lineman.
- Must have a good driving record and possess or be able to obtain a valid Washington State driver’s license within 30 days of employment, as well as a current Class A CDL.
- Must have current flagging and First Aid/CPR cards and have completed related OSHA training.
- Must live within a 30-minute report time of Light Operations facility.