Industrial Water Treatment Plant Operator
Under general supervision, operates and maintains all facets of the City’s Industrial water treatment plant and non-potable water sources. Work may involve shifts that include weekends and holidays or non-standard hours.
This is a 2-year project position. It may turn into a regular full-time position after review and evaluation prior to the end of the two-year period.
Salary: $52,457.60 - $62,639.20 Annually. Excellent benefits include longevity pay after completion of 5 years, medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and dependents, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, vacation/sick leave accrual, PERS retirement and deferred compensation plans. Employee shares 12.5% of the medical premium. Position is represented by AFSCME Local 1619.
- Must have or be able to acquire within 30 days a valid State of Washington driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the City’s Risk Manager.
- Class A CDL required within two years of employment.
- Must have or obtain a valid First Aid card within six months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical components including pumps, motors, valves, piping and electrical control equipment.
- Operation of chemical feed equipment and pumps.
- SCADA, telemetry, process control theories and applications including field instrumentation.
- Microsoft office software applications such as word, excel, and other related software, plus specialized software related to water treatment plants.
- Methods of light construction including concrete work, carpentry, plumbing, and painting.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
- Operate various hand and power tools used in the maintenance and repair of equipment used at industrial water treatment plant and other related facilities.
- Operate a variety of machinery, including tractors, mowers, dump trucks, pick-up, and other similar
- Maintain and repair pumps, valves, motors, electrical control equipment and machinery.
- Communicate, read, write and understand English at a level necessary for efficient job performance.
- Use personal computers for data analysis, data entry, and be efficient in Microsoft office software and other specialized water software.