Water Treatment Plant Operator I/II/III
Position will be hired depending upon qualifications of applicants
Under general supervision, maintains the City’s potable water treatment plant, industrial water plant, booster stations and reservoirs. Performs maintenance and operation activities at the potable water treatment plant, industrial water source and booster stations. Duties also include the inspection, operation and maintenance of Water Utility equipment. Work will involve shifts that include weekends and holidays or non-standard hours (WTPO III includes duties related to leading and supervising staff). Work will involve shifts that include weekends and holidays or non-standard hours.
WTPO I: $25.830 - $30.848 per hour ($53,726.40 - $64,163.84 annually)
WTPO II: $29.945 - $35.766 per hour ($62,285.60 - $74,393.28 annually)
WTPO III: $31.771 - $37.944 per hour ($66,083.68 - $78,923.52 annually)
5.5% COLA salary increase to be effective January 1, 2023
Full-time position. Excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and dependents, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, vacation/sick leave accrual, PERS retirement and deferred compensation plan matching. Employee shares 12.5% of the medical premium. Position is represented by AFSCME Local #1619.
Eligible for Reimbursement of Relocation Costs
To Apply: Applicants can apply online at www.cityofpa.us please attached a letter of interest and resume. First round of recruitment closes December 5, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
Selection Process: Applicants will be evaluated on the qualifications and related experience. Only applicants selected to receive an interview will be contacted. COPA is an E.O.E.
Education and Certifications:
- Successful completion of “Water Treatment Plant Operator in Training” coursework or equivalent within six months of hire. (WTPO I)
- Must have or obtain a valid First Aid card.
- Must have or be able to acquire within 30 days a valid State of Washington driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the City’s Risk Manager.
- Must have basic familiarity with personal computer and associated software.
- Possession of a valid State of Washington Water Treatment Plant Operator II certification or the ability to acquire a WTP Operator II certification within six months of hire. (WTPO II)
- Some course work in electrical and or mechanical operations and maintenance of treatment facilities is desired. (WTPO III)
- A Water Distribution Manager II and Cross Connection Control Specialist Certification is required. Possession of a valid State of Washington Water Treatment Plant Operator II certification with a Water Treatment Plant Operator III desired. (WTPO III)
- One year of work experience in the operation and maintenance of water systems.
- Three years of work experience as a Water Treatment Plant Operator I and a Water Treatment Plant Operator II certification or the ability to acquire a Water Treatment Plant Operator II certification within 6 months of hire.
- A Water Distribution Manager II and Cross Connection Control Specialist certification is desirable.
- Coursework available through California State University (Ken Kerri correspondence course), Green River Community College online coursework, or other equivalent programs.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience as a Water Treatment Plant Operator II in the City of Port Angeles or five years’ experience in water treatment maintenance and operations and possession of a valid WTP Operator II certification.